Studies show that proper sleep improves our health, concentration, creativity, social skills and decision-making abilities. Here are our top 10 tips to sleep more deeply and wake up feeling more refreshed.
- Get plenty of natural daylight and dim the lights in the evening. This helps regulate your body's natural circadian rhythms.
- Create a bedtime ritual. Start preparing for sleep an hour before bed by engaging in relaxing and quiet activities.
- Keep electronic devices out of the bedroom. These blue lights affect our body's natural production of sleep hormones. Reserve your bedroom for resting, sleeping and love making.
- Keep your bedroom cool at night. Avoid synthetic bedding materials and open a window.
- Refrain from eating or drinking before bed. Especially caffeine or alcohol.
- Write down your thoughts. Release your worries before you go to bed.
- Learn to relax. Practice breathing slowly and deeply.
- Exercise promotes quality sleep. Avoid strenuous exercise two hours before bed.
- Keep a set sleep schedule, even on the weekends. Take a short nap or siesta during the day if needed.
- Make sleep special. Treat yourself and look forward to ending every day in a peaceful slumber.
For more information, please contact:
Resthouse Sleep Solutions
126 Station Street, Duncan, BC, Canada V9L 1M7
Toll Free: 1-844-855-REST (7378)